Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Letter to Santa

Nate Rocks the World and many other books for your E-Readers are just $0.99

********************

The following is a re-print of a blog post I wrote for Cafe of Dreams Book Reviews as part of my Blog Tour with Pump Up Your Book  Thank you so much for letting me take over your blog for a day!


********************


photo credit: wackystuff via photo pin cc
Dear Santa,

I’ve been a really good girl this year (it’s true!) There are many things I could ask for, but instead I would like to ask a favor. You see, my children have recently written to you with the list of items they desire. They have been pretty good – not perfect – but as far as kids go, they rank pretty high up there. They’ve asked for all kinds of fun things – video games, electronics, and other various items that make plenty of noise. My friends have told me that their kids have asked for similar items. While I’m sure these are all tons of fun, there is something noticeably missing on these lists - - books!

Books are awesome! They are like movies in your head -- only better! Where else can you escape into a world of endless stories and possibilities? Where else can you put yourself into the shoes of wizards, heroes, friends, royalty, and yes – even vampires? Where else can you learn life lessons or laugh until your belly aches?

You may have heard that I wrote a book this year – it’s called Nate Rocks the World, about a 10-year-old boy who loves to draw and use his imagination. Nate draws all kinds of adventures that come to life, proving to the world that you don’t have to be a super-hero to achieve great things. I’ve been told that 7-12 year olds are loving it (and so are their parents.)

So Santa, please remember that the gift of reading is one of the best gifts we can give to our children – whether it be Nate Rocks the World or any other book they would enjoy (but if it happens to be Nate Rocks the World, I might throw in some extra cookies for you... just saying.)

Thanks Santa – say hi to Mrs. Claus and the reindeer. Happy Holidays!

Peace and Love,

Karen Pokras Toz

PS. If you need any help this year, I think I know someone who can help.


********************

I'm officially on tour!


Please visit me today at:

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...