Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello My Name Is...



photo credit: quinn.anya via photo pin cc
It’s happened a million times before, and it happened again this morning. I was walking my son to the corner, to the school bus stop. A women I had never met before was out walking her dog. She stopped to say hi – said she lives two streets over – her name is.... wait – what's her name again?

Forgive me if I tell you I don’t remember your name. I know I’m not the only one, but that doesn’t make it any better. I know you’re supposed to immediately repeat the name after you hear it – “Hi my name is Mary” ... “Nice to meet you Mary” “Where do you live, Mary?” But even then, it often doesn’t stick.

How about when you’ve been told the name several times, and you still can’t remember – or when you run across them again and need to introduce them to someone. You just pray they’ll go first and say, “Hi my name is ...” But they never do, and then you are stuck there either admitting you don’t remember their name or staring at them with a weird look on your face. Either way, it’s embarrassing.

Pets wear collars with their name on it, why don’t people? I think everyone should have a name necklace.




 It sure would make my life a lot easier (and isn’t that what it’s all about?)


********

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...