1. Sickies. It never fails – someone is always sick over the holidays. This year, the sneezing started Sunday for my 5 year old. Then the runny nose, cough, ear infection & my favorite... pink eye. He stayed home until Thursday. Then my oldest wasn’t feeling well and stayed home on Wednesday. The Toz Infirmary has been working double time this week. Thankfully, everyone seems to be on the mend now.
2. Basketball. Monday night was my oldest son’s first basketball game of the season. He totally rocked it – true, he’s almost a foot taller than everyone else on the 8th grade team at 6’3", but you still have to play well & he really did. I’m a proud mama!
photo credit: skpy via photo pin cc
4. Christmas Tree. Last week I told you about putting up the Christmas Tree and how we were worried about how the kittens would react. Well, I’m happy to report they don’t seem to care too much at all. I had visions of them climbing right up the tree and knocking the whole thing over – but so far so good. We left it up completely undecorated for about a week. Then my husband added lights – still okay, so last night we added ornaments (deciding to keep our breakables off the tree this year.) So far so good – way to go kittens!
photo credit: Mastery of Maps via photo pin cc
5. Book News. I can finally take a breather this week! I wrapped up blog tour number one last Friday. Wow – I think that was the craziest two weeks of my life! I had a blast – thank you so much to all the amazing blogs who hosted me. For anyone who wants to catch up, you can still read all of the reviews and posts. The complete listing is on my website.
Now it’s on to blog tour number 2 – organized by For You PR – this weeks stops:
- Rute Canhoto’s blog – 1st on the 28th for a review, and then again on the 30th for an interview.
- The TBR Pile for a feature and review on the 28th.
- Also – it’s not to late to win an e-book copy of Nate Rocks the World – visit Heidi Ruby Miller’s blog for details.
Then – for those who have E-Readers, or may be getting an E-Reader for the holidays - or even using an E-Reader app on their computer or phone... I’m joining the WoMen’s Literary Cafe for their amazing e-book promotion that begins tomorrow: 100+ books – buy 3 get 1 free. The sale continues through the 31st & the best part is that Nate Rocks the World will stay at $0.99 through the sale!
Also a big thank you to Karen Elliott who invited me to participate in her Holiday Week celebration on her blog - definitely check it out - there are some amazing writers sharing holiday stories for the next several days.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and a very happy holiday– thanks for checking in. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s in your Friday Five. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!