Friday, December 9, 2011

The Friday Five 12-9-11

Hi all! Well – we are another week closer to the holidays! Who’s ready? I’m getting there, but glad I still have another couple of weeks. Besides some shopping, here’s what I’ve been up to this week:

1. Dance. For those who follow my blog, you know that my daughter is the big dancer in the family. But did you know that my five-year-old now takes a dance class too? I can’t say I’m surprised, he spent the last five years of his life at either the dance studio or countless performances for his big sister. Anyway, this past Saturday his class (hip hop) put on a performance for a local nursing home. So darned cute!!!

2. Kittens. They’re adorable, they’re sweet, ...they tear into everything – including my skin – well they used to. On Monday, we brought them to the vet to have them declawed (I know, I feel bad, but it was necessary). Anyway, the poor little muffins now have to wear cone collars for a week while their little paws heal. I think they're quite fashionable actually.


3. Jingle Bell Walk. Guess what I’ll be doing this Sunday! I’m the adult honoree for this year’s Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell 5K Walk! Thank you to all who signed up to walk and/or donate. I’ll be sure to post a full report next week. If you’d like to still sign up, all of the information is in the post I wrote yesterday. Also – if you’d like to learn more about my daily fight with RA, you can read about my story on the Arthritis Foundation’s website.



4. Book News –Part 1. Yup – we are splitting book news into two parts this week because there is so much going on! For starters, I’m officially on tour!! Here is a list of the blogs I visited this past week. You can still drop by - read the reviews and interviews, enter giveaways, and of course say hello:






5. Book News – Part 2. As if doing the blog rounds wasn’t exciting enough, I also hit the airwaves! Yesterday, I was a guest on Marsha Casper Cook’s radio show “A Good Story is A Good Story” talking about book PR & marketing with fellow author Stacey Rourke. This morning I am with Renee Hand on her show “Stories From Unknown Authors.” If you missed the live shows, they can both be heard as podcasts on BlogTalk Radio.

I also have two giveaways ending soon for signed copies of Nate Rocks the World – easy entry! Good Luck!





I Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s in your Friday Five. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...