Friday, December 2, 2011

The Friday Five 12-3-11

Hi everyone - since last week’s Friday Five was a special Thanksgiving edition, listing the 5 things I’m thankful for, we have a lot of catching up to do! Here’s what I’ve bee up to in the last TWO weeks:

1. Soccer. My youngest finished up his first soccer season. He and his team had such a fun season! I was so impressed at how much they learned. By the end of the season, they were actually playing positions and no longer just looked like a mob of 5 year olds chasing a ball. Thanks for all your hard work Coach Matt – see you next year.

2. Conferences. It’s that time of year when I have to meet with all the teachers. Some years are better than others, but I am happy to report that I received all glowing reports this year! *Phew*

3. Sad News. When my sweet Sterling passed away this summer, my biggest fear was that our other cat Vaughn, would be deeply affected by the loss. You may remember that we called them “frick and frack.” They were like an old married couple – one minute in love, one minute hissing. After Sterling passed, Vaughn was never the same. Sadly, we said our goodbyes to him this past Sunday. He truly died of a broken heart, and I am still in disbelief that we've had to say goodbye to both our older cats within months of each other. We miss you Vaughn – I hope you and Sterling are having fun, chasing mice together!




4. Thanksgiving. It was great. We had a houseful of family, and I didn’t poison anyone. What else can anyone really ask for?

5. Book News – I’m going on Tour! Monday starts my official blog tour sponsored by Pump Up Your Book – there are so many great places I’m visiting including BlogTalkRadio!

Tour Schedule: http://www.karentoz.com/interviews-and-events.html


There are also two great giveaways going on this week!

  • You can win a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World sponsored by Krazy Book Lady (and while you are there, check out the review she posted) ... And – if e-reader is more your style...
  • You can win one of three digital copies of Nate Rocks the World (in the format of your choice) sponsored by Loves 2 Read (and while you are there, check out her review.)

I also want to thank Stacey Rourke and The Purple Brick Road for having me on their blogs last week, and to For You P.R. for setting up the next tour.

Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s in your Friday Five. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...