Friday, December 16, 2011

The Friday Five – 12-16-11

Hi all! I can’t believe how fast this month is flying! Just this morning another parent at my son’s bus stop asked if I knew what time they got out of school next Friday for early dismissal – I asked, “for what?” I thought for sure we had two more weeks before the holidays, not one more week! Yikes! Anyway – besides losing track of time, here’s what I’ve been up to this week:

1. Jingle Bell Run! First of all – thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who donated, participated, and gave their support in any manner to the Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell 5K run/walk that took place on Sunday. I so appreciate it!! We had a sunny but cold day for the 5k walk. As the Adult Honoree, I helped to kick off the run part of the race, which was very exciting. Then it was on to the walk... I started out okay, but by the 2 mile mark, I was D-O-N-E. It was time for me to turn in. I was disappointed I could not finish, but as I often have to do, I reminded myself, I am grateful to be able to walk as much as I do. I spent the next several days in bed with a heating pad, but it was definitely worth it! Listen up RA – you may be able to slow me down, but you can’t stop me!


2. Holiday shopping. I think I might actually be finished! There was a moment of panic the other night when I asked my husband if a certain gift for my oldest ever arrived. His response, “I thought you ordered that?” Sigh. The good news was we were still able to order it with guaranteed holiday shipping – the bad news - we missed out on the sale.

3. More holidays. In our house, we celebrate both Hanukkah & Christmas. We have traditions and decorations for both holidays that we do every year. However, this year we are a little worried about the mix of Christmas Tree and two crazy kittens. Well – we’ve got the tree up and so far it is still standing. We’ll see what happens once we start hanging shiny things on it. I think we’ll skip the ceramic ornaments this year!

4. Book News – Part One. I’m finishing up the last week of one tour and starting the next one. It’s been crazy, but I’m having a great time visiting so many great blogs! Thank you to all the blogs who have so graciously reviewed, sponsored, and highlighted Nate Rocks the World. I’ve listed them below – if you have a chance to visit one or more, please do and be sure to leave a comment and say hello!


Pump Up Your Book
4 the Love of Books
Loves 2 Read
Paperback Writer
Woven Myst
The Hot Author Report
One Day at a Time
The Plot
Blogcritics
Just A Girl (also hosting a giveaway!)
Book Lovers Paradise
Platform For Writerly Ideas and Confessions

I'm also on The Eclectic Artist's Cave on Shark Radio today at 11:00am EST!


Also, visit Pump Up Your Book’s Facebook page between 4-10pm EST today for your chance to win some awesome books, including Nate Rocks the World. Meet other readers, chat with the authors, and win some great prizes! Hope to see you there!




5. Book News – Part Two. In addition to the two blog tours – I’m also a part of an awesome promotion going on now until the 24th. For the twelve days of Christmas, 200+ authors have gotten together to offer their kindle books for just $0.99! There are so many genres – mystery, romance, contemporary, young adult, kids, and the list goes on. Many of these books are also available for $0.99 for Nook and other formats! Books make great holiday gifts & now you can gift Kindle & Nook books! To see all the great books offered, click on the picture below:







One other note... Thank you to 10 year old Lucas of Kids'n'books for naming Nate Rocks the World one of his top 5 books of 2011. You Rocks!




Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s in your Friday Five. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...