Monday, November 14, 2011

A Peek At My Inbox


I don’t know how your email display works, but I have mine set up so I can see the first few words of the actual message displayed before I click on anything. I like to know exactly what I am in for before I open my mail:



So when I saw the following in my inbox, I considered not opening the message at all – the preview said:

I'll be honest, when I received your book and flipped through it, I was a bit disappointed

Ouch! This email was in response to a follow up email I had sent to someone who wanted to review Nate Rocks the World back in July. I hadn’t heard from her and was curious as to whether she was still interested in writing a review. Apparently the answer was no.

But, I reminded myself that all feedback is good feedback and decided to open the email all the same.  I braced myself, and here is what I found:

I'll be honest, when I received your book and flipped through it, I was a bit disappointed that there were no illustrations, and was a bit skeptical if my son (who's big into graphic novels right now) would even pick it up.  But I left it in the book basket in his reading area, and it took a while (ok a long while, considering we had it for months) but once he picked it up, he couldn't put it down, and absolutely raved about it.  When I asked if he'd have liked it better with pictures, he said "no, the descriptions are really good!"  High praise from a kid who scoffs at books without pictures.  :)

So I read the book myself in order to write a better review than just taking his word, and I found I couldn't put it down!  I really enjoyed it and could see why Alex thought pictures weren't needed.  I plan to write it up within the week and will let you know when the post goes live.

Any chance there's another Nate Rocks book in the works?  I know my son would love to read it.

Fondly,

Nancy

Lesson learned .... turn off preview option on email display and open all emails!

And here is a link to the “official review” by Nancy from 5 Minutes For Books:

http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/19563/nate-rocks-the-world/



Thanks Nancy!

****

http://bit.ly/KPTbooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...