Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I wish I were...

We’re having twelve people for Thanksgiving dinner this year. Admittedly, I haven’t cooked a Thanksgiving meal in almost ten years - - don’t worry family, I know what I’m doing! Sort of... I mean – when it comes to the food, I’ve got it covered. It’s all the other stuff. This morning, my husband asked me if we had a centerpiece for the table. (Is that a strange question for a husband to ask?) The answer is not really...

I wish I were one of those people who always have the perfect centerpiece for every occasion.

I wish I were one of those people who can cook in heels (or walk in heels for that matter) wearing a cute little apron, without a hair out of place.

I wish I were one of those people who have a beautiful mustard yellow soup tureen to perfectly compliment the pumpkin soup we will be eating or a lovely multi-tier pie rack to display the desserts on the buffet.


I wish I were one of those people who have service for twenty so that all of the table-wear matches.

I wish I were one of those people who can arrange things on the plates so beautifully that they look like the pages of a magazine.

I wish I were....

Do I really?  No – I do not. I am crazy thankful for everything I have ... today and every day.

I hope everyone who celebrates has a very happy and safe Thanksgiving and remembers those who say "I wish I were one of those people having a hot meal today."




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...