Friday, November 4, 2011

The Friday Five 11-04-11


Hi all... it’s been a rough week and it feels good to be back! So let’s get right to what’s been keeping me busy this week:

1. Grandma. As many of you know, my amazing and loving 96 year old Grandmother passed away last week. I just want to thank everyone for the incredible support you all gave. Your comments and emails truly meant so much to me. She was an incredible and special woman. I’ve been finding myself going back to last week’s Friday Five to look at her pictures almost daily. You are forever in my heart Grandma.

2. Snow! Can you believe it? We left Pennsylvania early Saturday morning to drive to Connecticut for Grandma’s funeral on Sunday. We got there just as the first flakes were falling. The next morning, we woke up to a total of 14 inches!! We lost power at my Mom’s house before noon (which wasn’t restored until Wed night!) We said prayers for Grandma by candlelight. One thing about my Grandma, she always tried to make every moment memorable... and continues to do so!




3. Happy Halloween. Every year we have a Halloween tradition... without fail my youngest gets sick. Usually there is a fever involved; last year we even had a hospital visit. This year, for the first time since he was a baby, we actually made it through trick or treating before the coughing and sneezing started. My poor little Power Ranger. Nonetheless, I think he and his older sister (aka Cookie Monster) and older brother (aka Pirate) all had a fun Halloween.... until next year.

4. Blog Award. It’s time for another installment for the Versatile Blog Award!

  •  Here’s #6 of 7 things you may not know about me: I hate talking on the phone. I can’t explain it – so please don’t take it personally if it feels like I’m rushing you off. I’d much rather you text or email me. 
  • And my blog of the week goes to: Someday, When I’m Famous... written by the uber talented Melissa Luznicky Garrett. Melissa’s blog has great writing advice, creative prompts, interviews, giveaways, and fun family posts. There is definitely something for everyone here, so stop on by and show her some love. She is also a fellow author and recently released her new book: Turning Point. If you’re looking for a good thriller that you can’t put down – this is the one!


5. Book News. As usual, there’s so much going on! For starters, ALL digital formats of Nate Rocks the World have been reduced to just $1.99 – Kindle, Nook, Apple, Sony, PDF, & the list goes on. For direct links, please visit my website. I’ve also been blog hopping this week! I’ve listed some of the places I’ve had the pleasure of visiting ... please stop by and say hello to these awesome bloggers:



I hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in and be sure to tell me what’s on your Friday Five in the comments! See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...