Friday, October 28, 2011

The Friday Five 10-28-11: Remembering Grandma



Hi all – It has been a difficult week for my family and myself. On Wednesday, we lost someone very special to our hearts – my Grandmother – my Mother’s Mother, my children’s Great Grandmother. Grandma was 96 years old and a loving, beautiful, creative, and inspirational woman who loved to play the piano and always smiled.

Her nickname was Daisy - the symbol of my blog. Admittedly, I did not pick a daisy for that reason, but I am glad I did. Every time I see it now, I will think of Grandma.

This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to Grandma – or as my daughter named her when she was three years old: “Grandma With The Purple Shirt.” I originally was going to just post five pictures, but really, how do you pay tribute to someone so special with only five memories... I had to sneak in a couple of extras... We love you Grandma.

Grandma & Me 


Grandma & Me - ready to party!


With my two oldest kids - Dec, 2000
Playing the keyboard for my daughter - 2007


95th birthday!


With my youngest

You will be missed, but never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...