Friday, October 14, 2011

The Friday Five 10-14-11

Hi all – hope everyone is having a great week. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the fall?  The leaves here are just starting to turn, and everything seems to slow down just a tiny bit. That’s not to say it wasn’t a crazy week! Here’s what I’ve been up to:

1. Emergency Room. Well – I blogged about being a neurotic football mom and guess what happened? My son came home injured on Friday! See!!?? Okay – so it wasn’t that bad, but he wanted to get his arm x-rayed, and since he was developing quite a swollen goose-egg (and had broken both arms before) I agreed. I am not kidding when I tell you there were no less then 20 kids in the x-ray waiting room, all in various sports uniforms. What is going on out on those fields?? Anyway – all is fine – it’s just a bruise and football continues. *sigh*

2. Secret. Yes – I still have a secret – and no, I still am not saying what it is (and again... I am NOT pregnant) but hopefully I’ll have a little show and tell by the end of the weekend. I’m super excited & that’s all I’m saying... for now...

3. Jingle Bell Run. I have officially started training for the 5K walk I am participating in on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation. So far so good – I am up to 1.25 miles. Even better is that we have already raised over $1,000!! I’m blown away by everyone’s generosity! If you are local (or want to come visit) we would love to have you walk with us on December 11th. Let’s put Arthritis on the Run! To learn more, please visit my team page ...



4. Blog Award. The Versatile Blog Award continues...


  • Here is #4 of 7 things you may not know about me: I get carsick unless I am in the front seat (an even then there are no guarantees) ... taxi drivers beware!


  • And this week's Versatile Blog Award goes to: My friend Aimee's blog: Chocolate on A Rainy Day Not only does her blog have an awesome name, but she is a fellow accountant and awesome writer. We also both have adorable 5 year old sons (just sayin)... I hope you'll stop over to her blog and show her some love!



5. Book News.  Coming up this week, Nate Rocks the World will be making an appearance on two different blogs – first on Sunday the 16th, stop by Vorax Lector and read Antimony's  review of Nate Rocks the World. She also will be posting an interview I did with her last week. Then on Monday the 17th, stop by Emlyn Chand’s blog and find out why Nate Rocks the World is the featured book in Emlyn's weekly "Books You'll Adore" column.  Also - stay tuned because I have an exciting Halloween promotion in the works!

There really are six things this week ... Thank you to all who participated in the giveaway for The Day No One Played Together. The winner of this wonderful picture book by Donalisa Helsley is .... Desiree Rask ... Congratulations!!

I Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in and be sure to tell me what’s on your Friday Five in the comments! See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...