Friday, October 7, 2011

The Friday Five - 10-07-11

Happy October everyone! It definitely feels like fall here, and I’m loving it!! I’m just itching to go to the pumpkin patch with the kids... maybe this weekend. But before that, here’s what I’ve been up to this week.

1. Happy Birthday! On Sunday, my oldest turned 14 – nobody was happier than me – 13 was not a fun year. But now that we are all settling into teenagedom, dare I say things seem to be a bit calmer? Of course, I know this could all change at a moments notice – and most likely will. But for now, I just would like to say Happy Birthday J-man. You rock!

2. A secret. I know, I know – that’s so mean, but it’s something I’ve been consumed with all week, so I had to include it – right? Trust me – you will all know soon enough (& before my mom who reads this freaks out, let me just say – I am not pregnant!!) Cue the phone ringing from said Mother... To be continued...

3. Crock-pot. I just thought I would take a moment to profess my love for my Crock-pot. Surely I am not the only one. Now that the cooler air has moved in, I have removed it from the forgotten bottom shelf of the pantry, cleaned it lovingly, and filled it with a fabulous stew of pork, carrots, barbecue sauce and a variety of other miscellaneous ingredients. I hope to continue this relationship until next summer. Life is good...


4. Blog Award. It is week three of my Versatile Blog Award. In case you missed it– I have decided to incorporate the rules of the Versatile Blog Award I received a few weeks ago into my Friday Five (listing seven things you may not know about me and passing the award to fifteen blogs)... –so as promised

  • #3 of 7 things you may not know about me: I cannot walk in heels – at all – luckily I’m tall, although according to the ruler in my Dr’s office, I am shrinking.
  • And my blog of the week goes to: “Addicted to Words” by YA Author Candie Leigh Campbell. Check out her fun blog which documents her road to publishing mixed in with some awesome giveaways...  Let’s all show Candie some blogging love at Adventures of YA Writing!

5. Book News. So do you all remember the ginormous contest I told you about last week where you could win a beautiful bookshelf filled with 15+ books (including a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World)? Well guess what – it seems I did not have enough coffee in me when typing up last week’s Friday Five because it doesn’t end 10/2 as I originally posted, but rather it ends on 10/12!! So you still have time to enter at Just Children’s Books. ...In other news... Nate Rocks the World was chosen as the “Karmic Read” pick of the week! Yay – thank you to Novel Publicity and Emlyn Chand for all your hard work! Pick up your Kindle version today!



Karmic Read Pick




On a sad note – as I type out this blog post on my Macbook Pro, it wouldn’t feel right without mentioning the passing of Steve Jobs- innovator, mastermind, and family man. RIP Steve.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs


Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in and be sure to tell me what’s on your Friday Five in the comments! See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...