Saturday, September 3, 2011

What is it About the Night?

I can honestly say I weigh the same weight as I did on the day I graduated high school. While some may wish this were true for themselves, for me, it is not a good thing. I have struggled with my weight my entire life – you know me – I was the chubby girl in the class.

When I went off to college, I experienced the ‘freshman fifteen’; only in my case, thankfully, I lost fifteen pounds. I think it had something to do with awful cafeteria food and no money to eat elsewhere. By the end of college, I was down thirty pounds. The weight stayed off for many years. I managed to get through two pregnancies and still maintain my weight within ten pounds.

But now, I find myself back full circle. While pregnant with my third child, I consciously ate enough for a football team, figuring the weight would come right off as it did with the other two kids. I was wrong. I was also much older. Now that my youngest just turned five, I can no longer call it “baby weight.” I have tried to diet more times than I care to admit over the past five years. I feel like I keep gaining and losing the same ten pounds. I’d like to blame it on my arthritis – you know the meds, my inability to exercise as much as I should... blah–blah-blah. But I can’t.

The truth of the matter is - I eat too much – and for some unexplainable reason – only at night. I am the model eater during the day: healthy meals, healthy snacks, water, even a little exercise. I do it all. But then it falls apart. After dinner, I start thinking about the ice cream and the cookies and the chips and the... I swear they all talk to me – luring me into their trap. It is as if 'evil night eater' comes out and overcomes 'healthy day food eater', always winning in the battle, using excuses such as: well you exercised today (does folding laundry count?), I’ll just have a taste (never), once it’s gone I won’t buy it again (yeah right), & my favorite – tomorrow will be better the same.

So I’m waging a war against you my evil night eater! I’m calling you out over the Internet for all to know about your malicious ways. Leave me alone or deal with the wrath of the blogosphere! Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...