Hi all... it’s the first day of fall! Even with the killer allergies (& boy have they been brutal this week!) I still love fall! So what has been in your Friday Five this week? Leave me a comment below – I love hearing from you! Here’s what’s been going on with me:
1. Soccer! My youngest started soccer on Sunday. It was his first time doing an organized sport. He was very excited to do something that his older brother had done, so we went and bought him his itty bitty cleats & shin guards (so cute!) Nothing is funnier than watching a herd of 5 year olds all charging for the ball at the same time. It was a bit chilly out, but he had a great time. Here’s to a fantastic season!
2. Back to School Night. Now that I have three kids in school, I have three back to school nights in three different schools! This week I had two out of the three. I love seeing the classrooms and their schoolwork displayed. It was great to meet all the teachers, meet some new parents, and catch up with parents I hadn’t seen all summer. One more back to school night to go!
3. Guest Blogger. While I usually try to keep my blog posts light & (hopefully) on the funny side, this week I blogged about a subject quite serious in hopes of raising awareness about “Invisible Illnesses.” I was touched by the number of people who came forward either through comments left on the blog or privately through email to let me know how much they appreciate me speaking out on the subject that effects so many. In addition to my post, I had my very first guest blogger – my husband! He so eloquently wrote about ‘our’ condition through his eyes – something many people don’t think about. To all who left comments, thank you so much for the support!
4. Versatile Blogger Award. So you may remember that my friend Amberr at Bump on a Blog passed down the Versatile Blogger Award to me. Thank you Amberr! The “rules” state I am supposed to tell you 7 things you may not know about me & then pass along the award to fifteen more blogs that I love. Rather than bombard you with a list of fifteen – I thought I would add a blog a week to my Friday Five that you should check out, along with one thing you may not know about me (until we get to 7). So...
* 7 Things you may not know about me #1: I’m shy (stop laughing!)
* Blog of the week: Kristy K James : I love Kristy's blog for so many reasons, but mostly I love it because she writes about the moment, whether it be about writing, something that triggers a memory, or about her love of animals. Every post is refreshing, honest, and many times funny. She is also an accomplished author with a new series coming out soon! Visit Kristy's site & show her some blogging love!
5. Book News – There are some great give away opportunities happening with Nate Rocks the World this week!
* My friends at Wild About Reading are giving away a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World. All you have to do is “like” their Facebook Page: here and leave a comment that you would like to win the book & presto – you are entered to win a signed copy! While you are there, check out my interview on their blog.
* If you miss out on that giveaway, there is another crazy huge giveaway taking place at Just Children’s Books between now and October 2nd. Visit Just Children’s Books for a chance to win a beautiful bookcase filled with over fifteen books including a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World.
* For those who use Kindles, Nook, Sony E-Readers, IPads, IPods, etc, etc, etc... Nate Rocks the World is available for $0.99 for just one more week in honor of National Literacy Month!! This offer is available only through Smashwords until 9/30 and only with coupon code QH26Y.
Also – if you haven’t been by my website lately: www.karentoz.com come check it out! There is a great new section called “Meet the Kids” along with some new reviews posted! Let me know what you think!
Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!