1. More Birthdays. Last week we celebrated my blog’s birthday and this week I celebrated the birth of two of my children! No I do not have twins, but my 5 year old and my 11 year old were born just one day (and 6 years) apart which always makes a very busy end of August for me. When my son was born, my daughter made it very clear to me she would not be sharing her birthday with her brother. Since she is older and her birthday comes first, I always let her pick on which day of the nearest weekend she wants her party. This year she picked Sunday. Oops – big mistake. We had to cancel her party due to the hurricane, while her younger brother managed to squeeze his party in on Saturday before the rain hit. The good news is I was able to reschedule her party for the 10th and now more of her friends can come.
2. Hurricane. You didn’t think I was going to leave it out of my Friday Five did you? In fact, it was such a big part of my week that I blogged about Irene separately as: Our Uninvited Birthday Guest. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t
3. Bowling. Well because I felt so bad about canceling my daughter’s birthday party on Sunday, I decided we would do whatever she wanted on her actual birthday the next day. She picked bowling. In case you missed it, check out the pictures. I don’t know what possessed me since my arthritis was already acting up, but I decided to participate. Look, I’m not going to try to sugarcoat it – I bowled a 31. Let’s move on.
4. Book news. That’s right – it’s time for another Goodreads giveaway!! I am giving two copies away of Nate Rocks the World – you can enter below – good luck! Speaking of giveaways, I have been in touch with the winner of my last contest – her comment to me regarding her daughter: “She loves it! She almost fell on her face getting out of the car this morning to go to school because she had her nose in it!” So before you enter my Goodreads contest, I just want to put a general disclaimer out there: I am not responsible for any injuries incurred while reading my book. Also this week, I was the featured author on TS Welti’s Wacky Writer Wednesday. Visit her site for some fun questions!
5. Kindergarten. I am not going to cry. I am not going to cry... I knew it was coming, but this week it became just a little bit more “real.” On Monday night, we had Kindergarten orientation for my youngest – my baby! They talked about ordering lunch and riding the school bus. Then on Wednesday, we went back for a tour of the school and a party on the playground. My son already has two best buddies and school hasn’t even officially started yet. He seems happy and excited. Mommy is not doing quite so well! School officially starts next Wednesday.
Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. For those in the U.S., have a happy & safe Labor Day weekend! See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner! Karen