Tuesday, September 6, 2011

As I Head Off to Kindergarten...

Today is my first day of Kindergarten – yes “my” first day – today I accompany my five-year-old into his Kindergarten classroom for the first time.

Last June, I wrote about my son’s last day of preschool. I listed off all of his “lasts.” But today is about all his “firsts.”

His first time walking down the halls of his new school.

His first time meeting new classmates, he will soon call friends.

His first time carrying the new backpack and lunch box he carefully picked out and has been eagerly waiting to use.

His first time eating in the school cafeteria.

His first time taking the school bus home.

His first time giving me a kiss as a Kindergartener.


... My first time saying “my Kindergartener”...

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...