Friday, August 5, 2011

The Friday Five - 8/5/11

Hey all - Is it really August? I feel like school just ended and here we are getting ready for another year already. Lots of school preparations this week, including a 7:40am dentist appointment for the two older kids (sorry oh well.) Here's what else happened this week:

1. Party! This past weekend, we gathered with so many wonderful friends and family to celebrate the release of Nate Rocks the World as well as to raise money for a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer. The turnout was amazing, the weather cooperated, and we had a great time. Thanks to all for the overwhelming support!

2. Kids. Now that camp is over, the kids are back home and it is time for ‘Camp Mom’ mwaahahaha. So here are some highlights of our week. Monday we started some back to school clothes shopping. There were many negotiations involved. Tuesday was lazy day – hanging at the house. I think we all needed that! Wednesday we went to the pool and managed to get a few hours in before the rain came. Thursday was school supply shopping, library, and back to the mall to exchange some of the above-mentioned clothing that was too big (told you so!) Today we are getting ready for the yard sale we are having this weekend – see #3

3. Yard Sale. Where did all this stuff come from? Tools, furniture, toys, electronics, oh my! I’m just happy we are getting rid of it – fingers crossed. Ads have been placed, items have been semi-organized, and signs have been made. If you are in the area – stop by tomorrow from 8am-1pm.



4. Toothfairy. Well it happened. After almost 14 yrs of faithfully showing up for my kids, the Tooth Fairy forgot to come this week. My 10 year old came down the stairs on Thursday morning, with a sly grin on her face to alert me of the horrendous oversight. I did what any other mother would do: I sent that fairy a nasty email. Well it must have done the trick – she showed up while my daughter was upstairs getting dressed and personally handed me the loot to give to her. All is forgiven.




5. Book News. Busy, busy, busy on the book front! This week, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the Independent Author Network. Thank you to the IAN for having me. Also exciting - I had my first print newspaper review! Thank you to Tracy Poff and the Herald-Dispatch for the great article and review! Coming up -  I have my first two book signings soon. They are both in Connecticut. For more information, please visit my author website. I am very excited to personally meet some of the kids who have been enjoying my book. Hey - Did you know I have a Facebook Author Page? We are approaching 400 fans – come join the fun!


Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...