Friday, August 12, 2011

The Friday Five - 8/12/11

Hi everyone... it’s Friday again... you know what that means! So – lets get right to it:

1. My Blog. This actually happened last week, but since I did not discover it until this week - it counts.  Pam Torres, blogger extraordinaire and fellow middle grade author, listed my little blog as one of her Thursday Three blogs to check out. Thank you Pam! She is also going to be reviewing and offering a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World to one lucky reader... stay tuned!

2. Yard Sale. We’ve been saying we wanted to do this for the last several years, and this past Saturday, we finally did it. Wow did we have a lot of stuff - - a lot of stuff that a suprisingly lot of people wanted to buy (Yay!) The sale was advertised for 8am-1pm, but people were showing up by 7:00! It was crazy nuts – but it was great to get rid of so much.

3. Book News. This week I had the pleasure of being interviewed by David Wisehart who blogs about Kindle authors. Also – I am having my first readings and book signings this coming up week. I am so excited! On Sunday night the 14th I will be at a private residence in Beacon Falls, Connecticut from 7-9pm. It is a free event, but space is limited, so if you are interested, please leave a comment with your email and I will send you the information. The second event is Monday the 15th at the Beacon Falls Public Library from 1-3pm. I’m so excited to meet up finally with some of the kids (and adults) who have loved Nate Rocks the World!


4. Happy Birthday Mom! This past week was my Mom’s birthday – I won’t say how old, but it is wonderful a milestone year. When I was growing up, my mom used to always tell us she was twenty-nine. At some point, I suddenly found myself older than my mom, but still she remained twenty-nine. Not only do my own kids know exactly how old I am, but my 4 year old often feels the need to announce it in public. Perhaps there was something to her telling us she was 29. Mom – Happy 29th – we love you!



5. Arthritis returns. Just when I got to the point where I was starting to feel better –wham – a flare hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday! Luckily my trusty heating pads and wraps came to the rescue. But it was a reminder to me that arthritis is still a controlling force in my life and the lives of millions of other adults and children. It was also a reminder to me that the Jingle Bell Run is fast approaching! What is the Jingle Bell Run? It is a 5k walk/run held throughout the country to help raise money for Arthritis. This year I am thrilled to be the Eastern PA Chapter’s Honoree! Want to learn more about the Jingle Bell Run and how you can help beat Arthritis? Find a run near you, or if you are going to be in eastern PA on Dec 11, join Team Toz! We’d love to have you!!


Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...