Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week and are staying cool – we are in the middle of a heat wave here – but I’m not complaining (well maybe a little.) It still beats all the snow. This was definitely a (mostly) fun week... here’s what’s been going on...
1. Happy Fourth of July! We had a really nice 4th of July weekend. As usual, we stayed home. There is nothing I hate more than fighting traffic on holiday weekends! On Saturday, I took my little guy to the pool. He actually went in, which is a big improvement over last summer... baby steps... The next day, we went to see Cars2. He definitely loved it. Mom & Dad enjoyed it as well. It was a pleasant surprise, since the reviews had not been stellar. Then on Monday, we went over to see the parade with some good friends and topped off the holiday with a barbeque at our neighbors. Good food, good drinks, & good company - now that’s my kind of weekend!
2. Bee Sting. It had to happen eventually. My little guy was stung by a bee on Tuesday at camp. Thankfully, he showed no signs of any allergy. It was traumatic for him nonetheless. On the ride home from camp, as his big alligator tears streamed down his face, he declared that the only thing that would make him feel better was lots of TV. FYI – it seemed to have worked.
3. Jingle Bell Run. Team Toz is officially official!! We are now set to run/walk the Arthritis Foundation’s 2011 Jingle Bell 5K Run on December 11th in Malvern, PA. If you would like to help contribute to the cause, or if you will be in Eastern PA on Dec 11, come support us! Walk or Run – the more the merrier! I am super excited to be the 2011 Spokesperson/Honoree for the race this year. For information, please visit our team website.
4. Book News. So much is going on, I don’t even know where to start! Nate Rocks the World is now available on Amazon.com! For those who use a Kindle/Nook/Sony Reader, IPad, or other electronic device, the digital version can be found on Smashwords.com. Thank you to those who have picked up a copy. The reviews are starting to come in! For more information, reviews, purchase links, and interview dates, visit my website: www.karentoz.com Thank you to everyone for the overwhelming support!
5. Camp Update. After writing my last blog post, I decided I would do a weekly letter tally from now until the kids return on the 24th. Here are the results for this week’s letters from camp: In an unprecedented turn of events... son-1, daughter-0 . Here is a little snippet from his letter: “Can you send me some Axe and Old Spice Swagger Spray?” Watch out girls...
Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!