Friday, July 29, 2011

The Friday Five - 7/30/11

Normally, I enjoy getting up early in the morning, making myself a cup pot of coffee, and settling into the silence to write. This morning, I’m writing this week’s Friday Five to the sounds of jackhammers and bulldozers as this roadwork apparently is never going to end. Forgive me if my head spontaneously combusts! Ok – on to the Friday Five:

1. Camp. My kids are home, my kids are home! Finally after a month of them away at sleepover camp, it was time to pick them up and bring them back. Of course I blogged about it – you can read all about my adventures in “de-stankifying” here. As expected – there were no additional letters from my son. Final letter tally – daughter – 4, son – 1.

2. Book News. Nate Rocks the World for Nook is now officially available at BarnesandNoble.com! Also, I would like to thank Kathy Reinhart for interviewing me this week on her blog: Inkdrop Presents. She herself is a talented author, and I really enjoyed speaking with her. And speaking of authors – Chaz Young, a wonderful author of teen novels, picked up a copy of Nate Rocks the World, giving it a 5 star review!

3. Cat. Thank you to everyone for all of the kind words about my sweet Sterling’s passing. We all miss her so much. I knew it would be hard on my husband, our kids, and myself, but I was not expecting my other cat, Vaughn (named after Stevie Ray) to be so heartbroken. He and Sterling were like an old married couple – Frick and Frack is what we called them. They bickered non-stop, but at the same time, they were best buddies. I never thought about it before, but I suppose it as if Vaughn is now a widow. He lost his other half – his “frack” so to speak. He has not left my side in days – only to eat, use the litter and check the places that Sterling used to like, to see if she has returned. I hope each day gets a little easier for him.

4. Trees. The other night, out of nowhere, the skies opened up and we received some much needed rain. But it wasn’t one of those lovely summer rains that helps things cool off. It was a monsoon! Okay not really – but it was crazy enough to take down a branch off a monster tree on the edge of my neighbor’s yard. This branch was so large, it was a tree in itself. On the way down, the branch took out our cable/internet/telephone wires. The horror! Luckily, we still had service – phew. Oh and it missed our house also.

5. Car Troubles. Do you know what I hate more than those concrete parking barrier curbs? The large bolts that sometimes pop out of them! The other day, I was enjoying a nice afternoon at the pool with my four year old. Apparently, when I parked, my bumper went over the top of the curb (where I had enough clearance). But this bolt, got caught under my bumper. When I went to back up – I heard that sound that makes you cringe – rrriiiipppp. I got out of the car to find my bumper no longer attached to my car on the right side. I managed to get home. I learned something new about Toyota’s. Apparently they are held together with clips that snap together. My husband was able to snap that bumper right back into place. I do unfortunately have a lovely tear in the bottom of my bumper though. Blah.



Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...