Friday, July 22, 2011

The Friday Five - 7/22/11

Hi all – this blog has been a bit quiet this week as we’ve been away (and I tried to stay semi-unplugged while on vacation). Unplugging is not easy! I limited myself to checking email... maybe peeking into facebook & twitter a couple of times... oh & I might have been on Goodreads once or twice. But I did take a break from writing - I have to admit, it did feel good to re-energize. So we have a lot of catching up to do... here’s what I’ve been up to:

1.Sterling. With a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, I am sad to report that my sweet 17+ year old kitty, Sterling - my first baby, has passed. We knew the day was coming, but I still was not prepared for the level of sadness and emptiness I feel. She was a wonderful, affectionate & playful kitty right up until her last days. I still haven’t told my oldest two who are away at camp. That will not be an easy conversation. My four year old burst into tears when he realized Sterling would not be returning home. My other cat has been moping and crying wondering where his other half is. Sterling – we all love and miss you. You will never be forgotten and will aways be loved and in our hearts. RIP...

2.Hot! Hot! Hot! Well it finally happened – the one thing I had been dreading since the air-conditioner repairman told me two summers ago that my AC was on its last leg... it finally kicked. Great timing too since we are in the middle of a heat wave. The new AC is coming today, thank goodness. The only saving grace was that we already had a mini-vacation planned (see #3 below), so it gave the AC repair guy time to order a new unit, and gave us time away in an air-conditioned hotel. We did have to spend last night in the heat though. It was a bit balmy to say the least. Um ... Mr. AC repairman - - feel free to show up any time now! Ooops - nevermind - he showed up while I was typing this - YAY!

3.Vacation. On Monday, we packed up the car and headed south to Baltimore for a few days. It was HOT – but that didn’t stop us! We had a great time! On Monday night we went to the Red Sox/ “Oroes” (as my 4 yr old calls them) game. In typical 4 yr old fashion, we only saw three innings, but it was fun nonetheless. There were Boston fans EVERYWHERE – (my husband & son included... don’t worry Phillies – you are still #1 for us) – we felt like we were in Boston not Baltimore at times. The next couple of days, we headed over to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point & the Aquarium. So nice to get away & have an air-conditioned hotel room to stay in!

4.Letters from Camp. I received not one, not two, but three letters from my daughter this week! And from my son.... zero. That makes the tally: daughter – 4, son – 1. Sounds about right. There are still two more mail days for him to catch up. Unlikely, but I'm not giving up hope just yet. They come home this weekend – I can’t wait to see them!

5.Book News. There is plenty to report this week! First, I received a lovely review from one of the people who won a copy of Nate Rocks the World from my Goodreads contest. You can read the review here. Also – I am excited to share that my book is now available direct from the Apple Store and the Kindle Store for those who like to read using a Kindle, ipad, iphone or ipod touch. Coming up this week on Wednesday, I am being interviewed by Kathy Reinheart for “Inkdrop Presents.” Thank you so much for all of the wonderful feedback and support. I truly appreciate it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...