Hi all – wow these summer weeks sure are flying by! Here's what was happening in my little corner of the world this week:
1. Book News. It was a busy week for me with full on blitz marketing! First I hosted a giveaway on Goodreads. I met so many new people! The contest ended in the wee hours of the night – congratulations to Lisa, Faith & Tracy. Your copies are now in the mail. Also exciting this week – my first interview posted. Morgen Bailey was so generous to offer me the opportunity, & I loved her questions. I’m officially international as she lives and blogs from the UK!
2. They’re back! No not the kids... the road work crew. Just when I was getting use to the silence, they decided more work needed to get done – right out side of my house – at 7am – every morning – ‘nuff said.
3. Letters from camp. I was beginning to think my daughter had disappeared into camp abyss, but I am happy to report that I did finally get a letter from her. Of she asked if our kitty was still alive :( (she is, but may not be by the time the kids get back). No additional letters from my son. Official count: daughter -1 son -1.
4. Heart Attack moment. Did you ever have one of those moments where you look over at someone just at the moment something bad happens? Well that was me a couple of days ago. I had just dropped my youngest off at day camp. Drop off was on the playground that day. He ran through the gate, so happy to see all his friends. I was barely able to catch him long enough to kiss him goodbye. I walked back over to my car & just as I started the engine, I looked over to the slide to see my four-year-old belly flop off the top of the slide (not on purpose) five feet down to the ground. The counselors did not notice at first, and I was just frozen in shock seeing my son laying there not moving. I jumped out of the car and ran over to him, so glad to see his mulch covered body stand up. In between tears, he was able to tell me nothing hurt. I took him inside to get him cleaned up and checked over. All he wanted to do was get back to the playground. Boys will be boys!
5. Book review. This may sound a little crazy, since I spend so much time thinking and talking about books, but it had been ages since I actually read a book (other than the countless edits of my own!) So when a fellow author asked me to review her book, I jumped at the opportunity. She sent me a digital file – my first. Since I don’t own an actual Kindle (I know!), I decided to download the app on my phone. I was worried it would be hard to read a book on the small screen, but I was wrong. Now on to the book... called Gateway to Celesta by Tessa Apa. This book is in the Young Adult (YA) genre – meant for teens – but honestly, I loved it also! Gateway to Celesta is about three siblings who have been given a powerful puzzle to solve - a Qui - they discover that the Qui allows them to hear and control thoughts. However, they must protect the Qui from those who are evil. Those people know that the Qui exists and that the children possess it. The rest, you will have to read...
Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!