Wow this week really flew by! I hope everyone had a great week. While sitting here trying to narrow down my week into five topics, I realized that a few of the things going on are continuations of last’s weeks Friday Five. I guess that makes sense in a way, since not everything ends on Fridays (in fact many believe everything will end this Saturday.) I was hoping to continue my Mac Obsessed post, but it is not here yet, so stay tuned for that next week.
So let’s get right to it:
1. Dance Competition Mom’s bragging rights for a moment – my daughter and all of the dancers in her studio ROCKED. Many of the high score awards went to them. Way to end competition season & most importantly we had an awesome time! Thank you to my friend Julie for driving.
2. Blogger troubles – this is actually from last week, but I wanted to address it. Last week, Blogger had all kinds of trouble. In order to fix whatever wasn’t working, they had to delete everyone’s posts from last week. They have since retored them, but not the comments that went along. I bring this up because I had some great comments from you all on my Social Networking post that are now gone. I didn’t want you to think I deleted them! I appreciate all your comments & hope you will continue to leave them. Hopefully Blogger is still working to restore everything.
3. Nate Rocks the World - D-O-N-E! Well sort of. I received the manuscript back from my awesome editor Lyn Worthen from Camden Park Press . (Thank you Lyn!) I am three-quarters of the way into making all the changes (which are 95% grammatical/punctuation… blushing in corner while I apologize to my English teachers…) Next stop for my manuscript is to my designer Deana Riddle from BookStarter who is busy working on the cover art. (I tried really I did, but I decided to leave it to a pro) I am now actively looking for reviewers! Contact me if interested.
4. New Book! At the advice of my editor, I started working on another book – a sequel that I am calling NATE ROCKS THE BOAT. Very rough draft of chapter 1 is complete! I also am hoping to publish my “grownup” book INVISIBLE at some point before the end of next year… still working on finding time to refine that one.
5. AquaNotes A few weeks ago I had a blog post called Scenes From My Shower where I talk about how I come up with so many great ideas in the shower, but have no where to write them down. Well the other day I stumbled upon this product called AquaNotes. At just $6.99 for a pad of 40 sheets I couldn’t resist. Delivery was quick and I had a chance to test it out this morning. The pad and pencil easily stick to the wall with suction cups. All I can say is THANK YOU AquaNotes. I jotted down so many notes for this blog post while in the shower today (which unfortunately you can't see since the camera on my phone was not cooperating this morning). The only problem will be my increased water bill since now there is no reason for me to rush to get out.
Thanks for checking in… see you next Friday (& hopefully sooner) ….